The Internet has opened up a new marketplace that has allowed millions of small business owners to compete internationally with companies of all sizes. Some companies are just highlighting their businesses, while others that are selling online have seen their businesses double in size. If you decide to sell your products online, you need to think about how to handle the transaction, customer service, return policies, etc.
- How Your Website Helps Your Company - Your site needs to describe your business, its products or services, your value proposition and your service philosophy.
- Purchasing a Domain Name - Adding your city name to your domain can help improve search engine results and help you stand out from a variety of companies offering similar products or services in other areas.
- Choosing a Web Hosting Service -This section outlines the chief considerations in choosing a server, such as budget; range of services; software; bandwidth, storage space, data transfer rate and more.
- Understanding Site Design - An effective website blends text, images and video to provide a good overview of your company and what it offers. Learn how to showcase your team members, products and more.
- Getting Started in E-Commerce - Online shopping carts are critical because they also manage the site’s merchandise descriptions, images, inventory, customer information and payment data.
Optimizing Your Site
- Understanding Search Engine Optimization - Learn to provide valuable content that people want to read, and to use keywords that place you high on search result pages.
- Site Maps Help Search Engines Find Your Company - Your site can provide a number of benefits, if customers and prospects can find it. Learn to rank well in search engine results pages.
- Analytics Provide Web Traffic Insight - Analytics tools can provide powerful insights into how customers and prospects are attracted to your website, and how you can best optimize website content.
- Real-Time Social Media Research - Using search tools embedded in social media platforms along with targeted keyword research, learn what people really think of the products and services you offer.
Promoting Your Site
- Essential Online Directories - Directory listings are important because they help search engines create local results from what might otherwise be a global search response.
- Boost Your Business with Email Newsletters - An email newsletter offers many benefits to your company, including a two-way relationship that makes customers more willing to do business with you.
- Promoting Word-of-Mouth Success - Favorable recommendations or reviews are hard to match. Learn to inspire customers to say nice things about your company.
- Adding Video Blogging to Your Marketing Mix - Video blogging offers small businesses an effective way to reach customers and prospects with easily produced clips that put a human face on your company.
- Securing Your Company’s Website - An ecommerce site under attack could lose business and inflict suffer reputational damage on your company. Avoid this with a few simple precautions.
- Protecting Your Company Blog from Hackers - The best advice for protecting your website or blog involves updating your blogging platform and regularly backing up your content.